Englander 30nc concern

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

damifino

Oct 12, 2008
N. W. Indiana
I just bought a new Englander 30nc and when I took the pedestal off to put the legs on I noticed that it had not been painted underneath the stove or in the space between the back of the stove and the heat shield and there was some surface rust in these areas. Should these areas have been painted and should I be concerned about the rust?

Thanks

I don't have an answer about the "should" questions. But I bought an Englander 30 a few weeks ago and it was the same way.

My brother had a similar problem with his 13 when he bought it last season. When he called the guys at Englander they sent him some paint to get what had been missed.

For another data point, I got my Englander 13 type (summers heat) from lowes a few weeks ago and replaced the pedestal with the legs and it was fully painted on the bottom.

TG

Status
Not open for further replies.