Englander and Duravent not playing nice -- HELP!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakislayer

Oct 4, 2008
Pasadena MD
So I got my new Englander wood stove and my Duravent Double-walled stove piping came today. My problem is I can't for the life of me get the pipe to go onto the stoves flue collar. The instructions that came with the piping pretty much show it going right on and don't say anything about crimping or cutting...

Since there are so many Englander owners out there -- can someone tell me what I need to do? My thinking is if I cut or crimp I would ruin the seal -- however, if I can't get the pipe on there is no seal......

Where is the Englander guy? HELP!

There is a part # 8679 (with damper) or 8680 (no damper) adapter that goes from the Duravent double wall pipe to the stove. About 4" tall, you can look it up online. I'll find out this weekend if it works. Like you, I tried to fit a piece of the pipe onto the stove (I tried it on the demo stove at the store to make sure, and when it wouldn't go I knew I needed another piece). Online it's about $40, I paid $50 at the stove shop since I needed it quick.

I had the same problem. So per a post I found here I used a block of wood and a rubber mallet and got it in but wasn't satisfied with the depth it went into the collar. I called duravent and they said to put a few crimps in it. I borrowed a crimper but put too many crimps in it so I had to flatten them back out to tighten it up. If you do crimp it just do a couple at a time and test fit it so you don't get it too loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.