Englander Pellet Grill arrives!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a cover for it? I imagine it can't sit outside with just a cover on it, can it? I'd love to replace my current Char Broil with a pellet grill, but it would be a big pain to have to put it away every time I am done.

My Traeger seems to be fine outside under it's cover and besides slightly higher pellet consumption it doesn't mind the cold temperatures either. I wouldn't hesitate to buy an Englander grill though since their customer service has been top notch with my stove.

Maybe Mike H. can supply an approx. sale price, and whether or not a cover is available.

They were released last Oct, special order only through HD.

But now, they are available at quite a few outlets. AMFM has had them on sale for under $1,000 for a few months.

It's a pretty big unit compared to most, and its major benefit is Direct heat, most are indirect heat and cont sear meat real well. This thing can obtain some pretty high temps.

My one question, is temp control. The Trager and BMG''s of the world, control based on actual firebox temp. Because Smoking a piece of meat all day, requires some serious temp control. The Englander looks to use the same board as on there stoves? So instead of setting for temp? You are just using a generic setting?

http://www.amfmenergy.com/tiripegr.html

(Edit: I just read about there temp control? So apparently the control board, isn't the one pictured??)

From a BBQ obsessed man who has owned and built many pits... Forget about these pellet gadget cookers, buy a kamado.
You will never look back.

Excuse my ignorance, but you can't cook using regular pellets, correct?

They make cooking pellets, but there are some regular pellets that have Zero additives and are used in cooking.

Turmans and Lig Green Labels are 2 that i have heard a lot of, with Somersets getting a nod every once in awhile.

I've cooked throughout the temperature range 150-500 on my GMG grill using Somersets with no issues whatsoever.

Barefoots are great for grilling. Like maple cherry.

Maybe Mike H. can supply an approx. sale price, and whether or not a cover is available.

the grill is going to run right around $1,000 or so retail from what i understand

here's a link for the product page for the grill. working on putting a link in for the operators manual, should be up in a couple days

http://www.englanderstoves.com/pelletgrills.html
this is a cover page so select from our 3 line names (englander, summers heat or timberridge) to reach the information page

or type in www.pelletgrillsusa.com

if anyone wants a PDF of the manual i have it but i cant just link it to the page yet so would be somthing i could e mail out to anyone interested.

as for the cover, we do not yet have one but aftermarket covers are available which should fit it.

as for the control board , one of the criteria for the UL and safety testing si a spray test where the board is subjected to water sprayed down on it at a 45 degree angle to simulate heavy rain. it did pass that , was talking to one of our folks here who was doing beta testing at home who said his has had no electrical issues with his grill outside all winter got rained on , snowed on etc. with no issue.

They were released last Oct, special order only through HD.

Any idea if they are going to be available in-store at HD any time soon. I just got a 10% off coupon in the mail... :cool:

personally i wouldn't chance my money on an expensive unproven product , when there are proven ones available for that money or way less .

Green Mountain Grills just announced $100 any grill now through May 12 ! that's $650 for a DB or 750 with remote ! great dealer network and fantastic customer service !

love mine . cook on it at least a couple times a week . you really need to do some research .

my opinion .

Any idea if they are going to be available in-store at HD any time soon. I just got a 10% off coupon in the mail... :cool:

i'll have to check when i get to the office tomorrow, will post as soon as i get an answer from my national sales manager.

we have been shipping some out already, been working on the DVD for the product over last couple days, im not going to narrate this one though (which works for me)

anyway FWIW if anyone orders a grill in the next little bit the DVD will not be in it, however when they come available we will send one at no cost to anyone who bought the grill before they were available. just call us up and i'll see it gets sent right out.

ok i just checked with our VP in charge of sales on this , the grill at this time is not likely going to be a "in store stock" item, we are currently working on getting depot to make it available through HDD (home depot direct) on their website.

how that would work with your coupon i have no clue. i guess it would depend on if the coupon is usable with online sales the same as in store purchases.

hope this helps

Yes, that helps. Thanks.

Saw it at HPBA and I was impressed. Nice grill. The only Englander product I would buy ;)

Reactions: DexterDay
Status
Not open for further replies.