Englander Pellet stoves not available at Local HD?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chris2006

Nov 6, 2006
I was just at the Auburn Maine HD and noticed that both the PDV and the PDVC were not available in store. They mentioned that the PDV was available online only and that the PDVC was no longer available? Are some depots out of their allocation and not going to recieve anymore? I was thinking of picking up the smaller unit for my basement, but may have to wait until next year.

Anyone else know of supply issues at HD's and Lowes?

I realize i'm quite a ways away from you, but i was in Lowes in Tilton, NH last week and they just got a shipment of England stoves in. There were close to ten stoves on the floor (including the display).

They don't have them on the floor yet near my place in wisconsin either. No pellets available yet as well. I'm sure the stoves will be out on the floor soon, and they told me it would be another 2 weeks or so until they got pellets. They couldn't give me the price, or brand yet of the pellets they will be selling.

Sorry for the post web,
With all that has been said and posted about Harman's troubles supplying(which is a bit different than Englander I understand), I thought it was interesting my HD stated on their display stoves that one stove had no units available and the other was only available online. To me, with the extra focus on Pellet stoves, this was a worth while post.

I in no way was trying to give the "this price is at Lowes and this was at HD" comment. Many posts have discussed customers who were shut out of Harman to look at the "Big Box" stores for a replacement, which at least in Auburn Maine may not be a viable option.

chris, call my shop at 800-245-6489 (8-5 eastern mon-fri) one of our sales types may be able to give you insight as to when their next shipment may be arriving. for the record , with this years record demand for hearth products ESW as well as the rest of the industry is working hard to fill orders but demand is outstripping supply. units are shipping to stores by the hundreds daily from our factories, as they are im sure from the other manufacturers. as i said above , give my office a shout , see if they can give you an idea when our products will be available in stock in your area

for specific questions concerning our product line , please PM or e mail me at [email protected], i should answer you within 24 hours

for availability questions , e mail [email protected]

and thank you for your interest in our product line

fwiw, I saw stoves on the floors of both HD and Lowe's in Danvers, ma. only 2 hours south.

pellets? well, thats another story... 8-/ but stoves, they've got.

chris2006 said:
Sorry for the post web,
With all that has been said and posted about Harman's troubles supplying(which is a bit different than Englander I understand), I thought it was interesting my HD stated on their display stoves that one stove had no units available and the other was only available online. To me, with the extra focus on Pellet stoves, this was a worth while post.

I in no way was trying to give the "this price is at Lowes and this was at HD" comment. Many posts have discussed customers who were shut out of Harman to look at the "Big Box" stores for a replacement, which at least in Auburn Maine may not be a viable option.

I understand - at the same time there are thousands of Lowes and HD and any post stating that a stove is in one or not in one ends up being useful to perhaps 1/10 of 1% of our audience, yet many end up reading it and it goes into the archives forever....so I am trying to avoid this type of post. You can imagine what the board would look like if it has hundreds of "here today - gone tomorrow" notices.

I have to agree with Chris. In rural areas we travel long distances for stoves and parts. Auburn is a reasonable trip for half the state for a needed item.
I don't find his post anymore obscure than than those relating to the Harmon saga which doesn't help anyone in the end. (predicting when and if an indivdual's particular stove will be in)

That said, I have found this site extremely helpful on many issues: thanks everyone.

Both HD and Lowes in Biddeford had pellet stoves the other day. They have them set up on the floor. Also, I heard that Aubuchon Hardware stores throughtout Maine have pellet stoves. The one in Buxton I know has them. The thing to do would be to go online and check the different stores and you can even buy online and pick up in the store. Hope this helps

The HD and Lowes in Biddeford have pellet stoves on the floor. Also, most of the Aubuchon Hardware stores have them too.

I work at Home Depot and I purchased the Englander 1500 sq ft pellet stove this morning. They are still available and they are coming in sparingly as the manufacturers are having a hard time keeping up with demand. I just happened to be there as they were getting delivered. We got two each of the 1500 sq ft and the 2200 sq ft. Home Depots stores (according to my store managers) are not able to special order them; our corporate distributes them and does not allow the store ordering personnel to place store orders. I was not able to know exactly when they were coming in even though I know the systems; harrassing the Home Depot associates as to when they will arrive will probably not help. Check with your local store daily and you may get lucky. I have not tried to order from the website but it does not state that they are unavailable.

Status
Not open for further replies.