Englander upper auger not moving.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Boominator

Feb 3, 2020
Wofford Heights
Last week when I got home, expecting a warm house found the pellet stove had shut off. The hopper was still filled to the top. When I turned it back on the lower auger was turning but no pellets would come out.
I removed all the pellets from the hopper and vacuumed out what was left in the upper auger channel.
I then removed the upper auger and motor. I noticed it would turn slightly then stop for awhile then turn less then 10% of a revolution. I ordered a new motor. Got it today and reinstalled it but nothing. Wouldn’t move. Hooked the new motor to the lower auger wires and it would turn. So I was relieved the motor was good. Checked the wiring and I get juice to the upper yellow wire but not the black wire. Is this a control board issue? HELP!
(Been using a heat dish in the meantime to keep from freezing up here in the Sierra mountains.)

Hi when the vacuum switch is tripped it will do that I would check and clean the stove out behind the baffle player make sure the vacuum hose is not broken or brittle you can disconnect the hose from the switch and blow into it towards the housing to see if there is a blockage usually you will get a E-1 code on the board

Reactions: Ssyko
Your upper auger doesn’t turn continuously like the lower. Like sootmaster said check the vac lines for cracks and brittleness. Pull the impingement plate and clean behind it. Pull the combustion blower and clean the chamber and fan blades. Check your exhaust vent and ensure it is clear of obstructions. Also if you have a hopper switch make sure it is contacting the hopper lid and the lid is tight