Enviro Boston min dimensions?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaineBurn

Nov 24, 2013
Portland, ME
Hi All,

New to the forum -- first post here -- and have found it incredibly informative so far.

I've been narrowing my search over the last few weeks for a wood burning insert to heat the main living floor ( ~1200 sq ft) of our home in Portland, ME. I'm ready to pull the trigger on the Enviro Boston 1700, but I have heard & read conflicting reports on the minimum dimension requirements for this unit. For instance, this brochure (which I think is the latest from Enviro) shows that the minimum width for the Boston 1200 and/or 1700 is 27". However, this one shows 32" minimum width.

I have written to Enviro and asked them to confirm, but I thought I'd see if I could get a speedier response from anyone on here. My fireplace is about 30" wide at front, so this'll be a deciding factor. Otherwise we'll likely go with the Hampton HI300.

Another question - are block off plates any more/less important on interior chimneys vs exterior ones? Ours goes straight through the center of the house, so I'm wondering if it's something I can skip.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.