Enviro EF3 convection blower suddenly shuts off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pellet_nb

Jan 27, 2016
New Brunswick, Canada
The convection blower on our stove will occasionally shut off for no apparent reason. The stove could be operating for several hours and then we will notice that there is no air. The auger continues and the exhaust fan still works, but no blower. After about five to ten minutes, the fan will start up again. I assume that it is the high temperature switch that is restarting the blower. The stove was just professionally cleaned and services about three weeks ago and the technician didn't seem to know what the problem was. He did mention that the fan was a little stiff even after cleaning. I am wondering if the blower is starting to go or of there is an electrical problem? Anyone have any thoughts. Thanks.

P.S. Previous to this the blower would occasionally start to squeal and I would have to add some oil. Prob add oil about once a month or so, with stove at continuous operation.

The motor is overheating. Clean out the windings, or replace it.

Sounds like it is due for replacement
Just changed mine after 15 years
see if you parts place can get you this after market unit
cost is a lot less than OMC
HB-RMB121 Rotom Canada Blower
Under 200$ in Ontario can't say for N.B
There may be others .

Status
Not open for further replies.