ENVIRO EF3 Fan shut off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JonTribe

Apr 19, 2020
Hi Chaps
My first post here, hoping someone can help me out. I have an Enviro EF3 which has run well for around 12 years. Just recently the fan is not shutting off after we turn the stove off, normally it will stay on for about 15 mins to burn the residual pellets in the burn pot then turn off, now the fan just stays on, have to unplug the stove stop it running.
Any ideas/advice on what the issue is and how I might be able to fix it??
Any help would be much appreciated!
TIA

Welcome to the forum
This is from the 2008 to 2010 manual
using it because you said your stove is 12 years old
The convection blower will not function normally. ● Clean all grill openings at the back and below unit. ● Check all the connections between the controller, switch, and the convection blower against the wiring diagram. ● If the convection motor will not run, apply 115 V AC to the motor directly. If the motor runs, replace the fan controller. If the motor does not run, the convection blower has failed. Replace the blower. ● If the convection blower runs on high at all times (no control with the fan controller), check the connections from the 160°F (71°C) sensor (located on the upper left side of the firewall) and convection fan controller to the blower. Disconnect one of the wires from the sensor; if control of the convection blower returns to the fan controller, replace the sensor. ● If the motor is still on high, re-connect the sensor and replace the convection fan controller

If you do not have the manual here is a link
Hope this helps

Thanks John, great information as I don't have a manual.
Thanks very much, I will now go away and fiddle with my convection blower sensors...

You did not say which fan will not turn off
If it is the combustion fan the most likely cause is the 140 deg switch
9. The stove will not shut off. ● If the unit will not shut off, ensure that the thermostat (if equipped) is turned down below the room temperature (thermostat mode in the ON / OFF position). ● Disconnect one of the brown wires from the exhaust temperature sensor. If the unit continues to operate, contact your local dealer for service. ◊ Check the connections to the 140°F (60°C) temperature sensor, start-up switch and the start-up timer against the wiring diagram. ◊ Check the 140°F (60°C) temperature sensor by removing one of the brown wires from the sensor. The unit should shut down right away as long as the start button was not pressed within 15 minutes of this test. If the stove shuts down within fifteen (15) minutes, replace the 140°F (60°C) sensor. If the stove does not shut down within fifteen (15) minutes, test the switch. ◊ To test the switch, the stove must be cold. Pull the plug, then plug the stove back in. If it fails to start, replace the switch.