Enviro Empress Auger problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

davevassar

Oct 30, 2007
South Central MA
Looking for a bit of help. Recently my stove was running perfectly, and then it looked like it was running out of pellets, even thought I had filled it only a couple hours prior. I watched and there were no pellets dropping into the burn pot. I shut the stove down, let it cool and turned it back on to listen, and when the light goes on (whern it's feeding) it doesn't sound like the auger is turning. I've tried a few things, stuck a coat hanger up inside, some pellets dropped, but nothing. whacked it a few tiems with a hammer, hoping to looses a possible stuck pellet, nothing. I'm not good (don't have) a multi meter, any suggestions? TIA

You will probably have to take the back panel off and look in the back of the stove the and make sure the auger motor is turning

Could the vaccuum switch have been tripped? I'm going to check the ash in the chimney when I get some and clean it out. if it is, can it be reset?

Make sure you motor turns or trying to. Then we can get into more troubleshooting.

I have the exact same problem except my auger motor isn’t turning at all.Also the power button keeps flashing and not igniting.

I have the exact same problem except my auger motor isn’t turning at all.Also the power button keeps flashing and not igniting.

Tyler pull your auger motor out and see if it runs while there is no load on it. Then try turning the auger shaft by hand

I pulled out the motor everything is free no jam but still not turning and i put pellets in the pot and it doesnt even ignite either i wonder if the power going out fried the panel.

I pulled out the motor everything is free no jam but still not turning and i put pellets in the pot and it doesnt even ignite either i wonder if the power going out fried the panel.
The High Limit Snap Disc On many Enviros have a low trip point of 200 Degs L200 compared to most other stoves that have 250 Deg trip Point L250.
As these stoves get older these high limit switches trip quite often. You can press the reset button on them to get the stove going again. I would replace them with a nice Selco L250. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: PhilipF and Ssyko