Enviro Empress FS - a good deal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

elasticman

Nov 19, 2018
not sure if this is the right section to ask this question...

A local dealer is selling a "new in the box" Enviro Empress for about $900 less than full price BUT with no warranty. Having owned wood stoves for over 25 years (and requiring ZERO service calls) - I wonder if the warranty is important for pellet stoves since there are so many parts that can fail.

Any experience with the Empress? What is likely to fail in the first year or 2, and how costly might a service call be (vs the 8 or 900 I would save?)

Best bet is to find a website that lists all the parts and see what the most expensive part will be. From what i see just doing a quick search a control board will be the around $400 dependent on model i did not narrow it down to your model. If its new in box why no warranty as it does not cost the dealer anything to honor the warranty.

Interesting as most things warranty does not start untill product is sold and warranty info submitted with serial number

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

and there is a used 9-yr old St Croix Hastings on CL for 1000. includes pipes and hearth board

Last edited:
I would ask for a 90 day warranty at least, just to make sure any components are not damaged out of the box. Sometimes with old stock, dealers cannibalize a stove for parts to fix other stoves. Then they gather spare parts and build it again and sell it. But who knows the condition of those parts.

Enviro parts can be expensive and easily that $900 savings can be reduced quickly if you need to change a control board or a fan motor.

To me $900 is not much of a discount on a older stove even if new
When I bought mine I got a 25% discount on a new 1 year old stove
Warrant in Canada does not start on new products until it is registered by the end user
So here it would have full warrant In my eyes not a good buy the way it stands

To me $900 is not much of a discount on a older stove even if new
When I bought mine I got a 25% discount on a new 1 year old stove
Warrant in Canada does not start on new products until it is registered by the end user
So here it would have full warrant In my eyes not a good buy the way it stands
i agree. there was an Enviro burning on the showroom floor and it was extremely noisy. Salesman was not sure why. So I am starting to wonder if the convenience of pellets really offsets the hassle of stacking wood and dealing with bark and insects. Might stick with my old Jotul wood stove... it is only 28500 btu but we do already have it!

Reactions: vinny11950