Enviro Empress FS - Loud combustion blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jhirsch123

Dec 27, 2021
Northern NJ
I replaced the blower motor and the new one is pretty loud, with an impressively annoying high pitch whirring noise. :) Not ideal when you're trying to watch TV. Perhaps I should have paid the nearly $400 for an OEM one?? (I'd probably live with the noise!) I paid $120 from pellet stove parts4 less ("Enviro Combustion Blower Motor Only by Fasco, 50-901-AMP") I replaced the old one because I was concerned it was failing (it was making a different high-pitched screeching noise before it got warmed up so think the bearing was going), but also figured I would benefit from a quieter motor, but not the case unfortunately. I bought this house a couple years ago so have no idea how loud it should or shouldn't be. The other thought I had was relocating the motor outside somehow though I'm sure that would be much more involved. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

why not see if you can get some oil into the old bearings?
You mean the old blower motor, or the new one that I installed? What oil is best? I'll do some research. Thanks for the idea. I just assumed it shouldn't require any lubrication since it's new, but can't hurt. Worst case is I find a quieter motor and this becomes the spare.

I was thinking the old motor, but you can try the new one also. I’d try a penetrating oil like kroil first. If that works, you can try thicker oils on the next oiling.

Normally the combustion fan is quite an Enviro Stove
You may have got a faulty motor