Enviro Empress Insert " Got it" - Self or Dealer $ Install?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phil san

Jul 15, 2008
South Shore, MA
Empress FI ordered July 14 dealer called this AM and in stock. Wow - lucky!!

Replacing a Propane FI that is town permitted. Have to go up the chimmney and remove Vent Top, 25' of flex vent pipe and Intake pipe.

Plan to install stainless 3" to 4" rear vent T to a 25' 4" stainless flex to chimmney top and set up insert. No outside air intake.

( plan to get permit and town inspection ).

My ? - dealer subs out the job. Cost $495 + venting pipe. My concern is not the pipe, clearance and permit issues but the actual
first running of the pellet insert. Read all the tech specs and stuff from this site. I've installed several ( 10 + ) wood burning inserts and free standing over the years but pellets are brand new to me. Still run a VC FS Intrepid in another part of the house, just don't want to pay the oil man.

Seems after researching, just the draft control settings are the most important.

Any advice?

Don't fall off the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.