Enviro M55 skytek install help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Msklad

Nov 18, 2017
New Hampshire
Hi,

Just got a new pellet stove, It's an Enviro M55 FRee Standing. I can't find videos anywhere online and the install directions in the manual for a thermostat just aren't clear to me at all...it appears as though my stove actually has a place to plug the wires into the back, but I can't seem to get my thermostat to work.

I picked up a wireless Skytek 3301p2 programmable. Anyone else ever installed one of these?

I set up the learn function on the receiver and the remote, switched the control panel on the stove to hi/lo and tried turning the stove off with the remote but it didn't work.

Thank you!

Not sure if you understand how a Thermostat and and Enviro M-55 work.
Basically all the thermostat does is act as a ON/OFF switch. The thermostat will not "control" your stove.

In Stove Hi/Low mode
. You set the stove control to whatever "High" level you want (I use Level 3). When the Thermostat decides it wants more room heat it allows the stove to kick up to the high setting you have selected. Once the thermostat is happy with room temperature it tells the stove to go down to its lowest setting (Level 1). The stove will always be running either on Heat Level 3 or Level 1. With a programmable thermostat you can also set it up to have the room temperature adjusted for your lifestyle. i.e I have mine set to heat the house on level 3 until the room is 69 degrees at 4:30 in the AM and then cool off on heat level 1 to 64 degrees at 7 AM. It coasts all day at 64 until 4:30PM where it goes back to 69 degrees until 11:30PM. Weekends I have it come up to 69 at 4:30 AM and stay there until 11:30PM

In Stove ON/OFF mode. The thermostat allows the stove to fire up and shut down as room temp is desired by the thermostat. You set the High Heat Level desired same as above. Basically when the thermostat calls for heat the stove will fire up from cold to the heat Level you selected. It will stay there until the thermostat is satisfied and will then cool off to level 1 for 30 minutes. If the thermostat calls for heat again the stove will ramp back up to the Heat level you set. Or, if after the 30 minutes there is no call from the thermostat the stove will shut down until called on by the thermostat to fire back up.

All of this can be found in your Stove Operations manual (Page 8 in mine).

Also not sure if your stove Thermostat connections are correctly installed from the control board to your stoves back panel. A jumper has to be removed and wires have to be installed from the control panel to the rear panel of stove (It may come from factory that way, I'm not sure) Either way, the instructions for how to hook up a thermostat are in the Stove Technical Manual (Also Page 8 in mine)

According to the Technical Manual the thermostat has to be a "millivolt rated thermostat or a 12/24 Volt rated thermostat set to millivolts". Not sure if yours is.

Good Luck,
---Nailer---