Need Help with Enviro M55 and Thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jcayer

Jan 17, 2012
CT
I picked up a used Enviro M55 FS. The big 440 lb cast iron one. We like it so far, but I want to put a thermostat on it. I picked up a honeywell RTH7600. It supports 24 volt or 750mV systems, so it should work. The question I have is regarding the wiring. There are 2 wires coming out of the stove. There are 8 terminal screws in the thermostat, for a conventional installation. They are labelled C, G, Y, W, RC, R, W2, Y2. R and RC are jumpered together. The thermostat support guy said to plug into W and R and leave the jumper connected, but I don't feel confident is his assessment. He struggled to understand what I was trying to setup.
The Enviro service manual shows 2 red wires connecting to the thermostat.
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: bostonfan49
I picked up a used Enviro M55 FS. The big 440 lb cast iron one. We like it so far, but I want to put a thermostat on it. I picked up a honeywell RTH7600. It supports 24 volt or 750mV systems, so it should work. The question I have is regarding the wiring. There are 2 wires coming out of the stove. There are 8 terminal screws in the thermostat, for a conventional installation. They are labelled C, G, Y, W, RC, R, W2, Y2. R and RC are jumpered together. The thermostat support guy said to plug into W and R and leave the jumper connected, but I don't feel confident is his assessment. He struggled to understand what I was trying to setup.
The Enviro service manual shows 2 red wires connecting to the thermostat.
Thanks in advance.
Hi Jcayer! I have an M55 hooked up to a Lux T-Stat. My terminals are Y, O, G, W, B, RH, RC, with the Jumper (Black Wire) connected to the RH, RC. My Stove Red wire goes to the RH and my Stove White wire goes to the W. So….I think you White wire should definitely go to the W terminal! Your Red wire should go to the R terminal…..I believe
It will either work or it won’t…If it does, make sure the stoves cycles up and down when you raise the T-stat temp……and that it Turns Off (the stove) when you shut off the stove at the T-Stat. Note*** on my M55, when I adjust the temperature up or down on my t-stat, my stove makes a receiving Clicking sound….that, yes, I have received your command, I will make the adjustment😎
Hope this helps, Bill

Had a M55 . tried replacing almost everything on the unit . Heat sensor problem .........sold it and got a Deerfield Lopi instead .