Enviro M55 squeaking sound??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the squeaking is coming from the blower (sorry if that's not the right term). I've removed both side panels from the stove and can see the motor spinning. When I stop it manually, the squeaking stops. I've tried to vacuum everything inside, blew it out with some compressed air, and shot a little WD40 on the joints and it's still squeaking very loudly. It's a constant squeak and it's getting to the point where I may need to just shut the stove down because it's so annoying. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Just noticed your post - sorry no one got back to you. Likely this is why your stove overheated. Room or exhaust blower? Bearings are likely going. Some forum members replace bearings if they're handy. I'd be buying a new blower myself;)

Keep us posted on one thread or the other!

Edit: Wondered if those blowers had oil ports - no luck sealed bearings so the above applies.

Last edited:
Just replaced my Turbo blower for the second time. Same deal here around $200 and it's easy to switch. Now a week later and my exhaust blower is gone. Had to shut down the stove last night...:mad:

Just replaced my Turbo blower for the second time. Same deal here around $200 and it's easy to switch. Now a week later and my exhaust blower is gone. Had to shut down the stove last night...:mad:

That's a lot of fan motors you are replacing lately. Look for other causes. Those fans last why more than that. I am on the fourth year with the M55 and the exhaust fan is still running strong, and I just changed out the old convection fan because it was the old, weaker model that was looking like it was about to die. But it could have kept going.

Point is, you either have really bad luck with fan motors or something else, like electrical, is killing them.

I'm thinking bad luck. The original fan burned up because my stove didn't have the plate to restrict pellets so it overheated often. The folks at Enviro figured it was pushing over 70K BTU's with the amount of pellets getting pushed through.

So I had the first two fans go out and now two turbo fans but that's not all...I have replaced the motherboard, exhaust temp switch and the feed auger to go along with all the fans. Who knows maybe I just got a lemon. I have been talking with my dealer about trading this in and getting a Harmon XXV.

Don't get me wrong this stove is awesome when it works but this is my third season with it and have not even come close to having a trouble free winter and as you know the parts aren't cheap.

I'm thinking bad luck. The original fan burned up because my stove didn't have the plate to restrict pellets so it overheated often. The folks at Enviro figured it was pushing over 70K BTU's with the amount of pellets getting pushed through.

So I had the first two fans go out and now two turbo fans but that's not all...I have replaced the motherboard, exhaust temp switch and the feed auger to go along with all the fans. Who knows maybe I just got a lemon. I have been talking with my dealer about trading this in and getting a Harmon XXV.

Don't get me wrong this stove is awesome when it works but this is my third season with it and have not even come close to having a trouble free winter and as you know the parts aren't cheap.

Wow that truly sucks. Sorry to hear it. Have you checked with the electric company to make sure you are not getting "dirty electricity"? Sounds far fetched, but sometimes a bad transformer down the block will send out dirty electricity that will wear down the motors in these stoves.

Look up Dirty Power or Dirty Electricity.

Found this quote online which explains it better than I could

"Noise, or dirty power. This distortion of the pure sine wave, or alternating current, from a utility company may be caused by line switching, radio transmitters, manufacturing equipment, and/or line voltage fluctuations from various sources. Dirty power can cause errors in computer files and programs."

Status
Not open for further replies.