Enviro Maxx 2018 temp control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
can you control the temp with an Enviro Maxx? I’m purchasing this unit and was woundering if it came with internal thermostat and can you set the temp?
I run my M55 on a Lux 7day programmable T with a 3 degree swing setting. Runs great, like others have said, lot of good thermostats out there. Good Luck, Bill

That may be a combustion air issue, where the air flow drops down enough that the fire goes out. Or the pellet quality is not good enough to keep a slow, small fire. Or a combination of both.

Do you have a OAK installed?

Here’s another Pic need to clean it tomorrow.
IMG_0125.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vinny11950
So I did some research and read Kirkland Pellets from MI was one of the best rated pellets so I had them shipped to MD, total cost would be the same if I brought Lignetics locally. I also have an OAK, so when it runs manual the blower runs high with a good flame when I use the thermostat Skytech Remote the blower is not blowing at high (not sure it’s blowing sounds low). I have the temp set to 73 and the temp on the remote read 68. Using high low setting at 3.

So I ran it manual last night, ran great, and then I switched to high and low and it went off an hour later, it must have reach the temp and went to the low setting and turned off. My question is how do I get the blower to run when the thermostat is in use and should I adjust the OAK? The blower it’s set the highest setting 5.

Thanks for your reply.

If you run it on manual mode, at level 1, does it shut off?

Things to check:

1 ) The damper door may be closed too much, so the exhaust blower can't pull enough air through the chamber/burn pot to keep combustion

2) Check that the gaskets are tight, especially the doors, front door and ash pan; do the dollar bill test on them - search Hearth.com for how to do.

3) What type of exhaust pipe do you have? What size and how is it setup? I couple of pics would help - here you are looking for a constriction in the exhaust path that would kill the draft, and the lower setting can't over come.

4) Buy a couple of bags of a different pellet brands and test to see if it happens with those pellets.

The stove has a switch that senses for heat in the stove - if it does not sense enough heat, it will shut down the stove.

You want to find the issue before your warranty runs out, so that any parts replacement are FREE. Make sure to mail in your registration card to Enviro.

I adjusted the OAK, cleaned the stove and the blower was not coming on when the thermostat was on but worked when it was off. So I just reset the thermostat by putting the receiver in learning mode and it seems to be working now. I think the feed and blower needs to be adjusted from what I read. Still a work in progress (first Pellet Stove). Over all I’m happy with it. Thanks for the support.