Enviro Maxx FULL of unburned pellets, wont ignite

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

swhearty

Dec 19, 2022
Gilford, NH 03249, USA
After a power outage, I came home to find my Enviro Maxx FULL (ash bin, burn pot, everything) of unburned pellets. The room smelled faintly of burned rubber or plastic. All the lights on the control panel were on and all buttons were unresponsive. The stove was running and kept calling for pellets even though there was literally no more room for pellets.

Since none of the buttons were responding, I disconnected power from the wall. I cleaned the ash bin and burn pot and started it up. It called for pellets but sounded like a motor kept starting and stopping and was unable to engage. I was freaked out, turned it off and waited for my husband. He cleaned it some more, turned it back on, left it for a bit, then asked me if I turned it off.... I did not.

Any suggestions for where to even start? We just got 20" of snow and are hosting Christmas, so it's not the best time to be without a pellet stove.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Welcome to the forum
Need a little more information.
On a restart, it just shut itself off?
After how long?
Was the combustion fan working on the restart?
Are any lights flashing on the control board?
When your stove stopped the first time were the
chared pellets piled to the pellet drop shoot or just
unburnt pellets

Reactions: swhearty
Welcome to the forum
Need a little more information.
On a restart, it just shut itself off?
After how long?
Was the combustion fan working on the restart?
Are any lights flashing on the control board?
When your stove stopped the first time were the
chared pellets piled to the pellet drop shoot or just
unburnt pellets
It turned itself off after my husband turned it on. We are unsure of how soon after because we went out to deal with the snow. It could have been within 2-30 minutes.
Unsure - we are planning to do more troubleshooting tonight.
The on/off light and heat level 3 light were alternating blinking this morning after the stove didn’t light last night.
All pellets were unburned - it filled the entire ash bin, fire box, and was partially up the chute.

Will report back with more info tonight. We did not have a lot of time last night and I don't know what I'm hearing or looking at so... I need my husband to spend more time with it. :)

Check the high limit temp. switch
@ orange wires, red button on the switch
Press the red button to reset If it has pooped when pressed should hear a click

Reactions: swhearty
we did some more cleaning, particularly in front of the ignitor. It is lit. Fingers crossed and prayers being prayed that that's all it was.
Maybe it had a rough weekend too and just needed the night off.