Enviro Meridian (Convection Blower and Auger)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stilley

Nov 20, 2007
Franklin, WI
I recently purchased a Enviro Meridian pellet stove. The convection (distribution) blower defaults to the high (5) blower setting when I run the stove on the 3 or 4 heat setting. This normally happens after it has been at that setting for 10 minutes or so. It does not do this on the 1 or 2 setting (I don't think it gets hot enough to trip it). Anyone have any ideas why this would happen?? Rod?? I run the stove on the Hi/Low setting if that matters. I am looking for a nice even heat as was advertised, not something that is cycling up and down all the time. Also, the auger seems a little noisy to me. When the stove starts up I don't here it at all but once it warms up it becomes pronounced and is especilly noticeable on the 1,2,and 3 heat settings (the distribution fan drowns out most of the auger noise on the 4 or 5 setting). I would prefer not to hear it and am wondering if there are any modifications that can be done to eliminate the noise. I must note that the auger is doing its job, I don't believe there is anything wrong with it, just noisy after the stove gets going. The brochure I received boasted about the quietness of the stove and claimed all I should hear is "the pellets gently dropping into the firepot" when it is running. I haven't found my dealer to be real helpful with answers to my questions. Ideas??? Thank you in advance and take care!!

stilley said:
I recently purchased a Enviro Meridian pellet stove. The convection (distribution) blower defaults to the high (5) blower setting when I run the stove on the 3 or 4 heat setting. This normally happens after it has been at that setting for 10 minutes or so. It does not do this on the 1 or 2 setting (I don't think it gets hot enough to trip it). Anyone have any ideas why this would happen?? Rod?? I run the stove on the Hi/Low setting if that matters. I am looking for a nice even heat as was advertised, not something that is cycling up and down all the time. Also, the auger seems a little noisy to me. When the stove starts up I don't here it at all but once it warms up it becomes pronounced and is especilly noticeable on the 1,2,and 3 heat settings (the distribution fan drowns out most of the auger noise on the 4 or 5 setting). I would prefer not to hear it and am wondering if there are any modifications that can be done to eliminate the noise. I must note that the auger is doing its job, I don't believe there is anything wrong with it, just noisy after the stove gets going. The brochure I received boasted about the quietness of the stove and claimed all I should hear is "the pellets gently dropping into the firepot" when it is running. I haven't found my dealer to be real helpful with answers to my questions. Ideas??? Thank you in advance and take care!!

Auger issue:
is the noise a buzz or a feed grinding noise?
If it is a buzz or vibration.
Open th side panel and see if the auger motor is hitting against a rubber stop and not metal to metal.
If it is a grinding noise then it might be long pellets or lots for saws dust build up.

Blower issue.
If the stove gets hot enough to trip the 160 limit switch the blower will run on high until it cools.
Even if the stove is in Keep fire mode on the thermostat.
If you have good hot pellets then the stove will kick on high off and on on settings of 3 or more.

As far as Speed with feed rate.
I dont like the no control over the Blower either.
But it should step up with each heat setting.

The meridian is on of the quietest pellet stoves made.
but you have to realize to move air on high though 2 rows of heat exchange you are going to get AIR noise.
If you are getting Mechanical noise then something is out of balance or you have some sheet metal panels on the stove loose.

Sometimes how the venting is connected and if the Vent is putting pressure (or binding the pipe) on the Combustion blower it will make noise
and if you shift the stove a fraction of an inch it may stop.

Rod-
Thanks for your quick response!!! The auger appears to be resting/hitting a rubber stop. I'm guessing that's good?? It is definitely not metal to metal. All screws on and around the auger motor seems tight. Maybe they need a little play???The noise it makes is more of vibration than a grinding. Could I unscrew the auger from the unit (keeping all wires intact) to reduce /eliminate the vibration?? (just thinking out loud). The what would I mount it to???

Sounds like if I run the stove on 3 heat setting or higher I am going to get some cycling. I burn Marth and LaCrete pellets. I think the LaCrete is hotter but they both trip the fan to high on settings 3 or higher. Thanks again for your input!!

stilley said:
Rod-
Thanks for your quick response!!! The auger appears to be resting/hitting a rubber stop. I'm guessing that's good?? It is definitely not metal to metal. All screws on and around the auger motor seems tight. Maybe they need a little play???The noise it makes is more of vibration than a grinding. Could I unscrew the auger from the unit (keeping all wires intact) to reduce /eliminate the vibration?? (just thinking out loud). The what would I mount it to???

Sounds like if I run the stove on 3 heat setting or higher I am going to get some cycling. I burn Marth and LaCrete pellets. I think the LaCrete is hotter but they both trip the fan to high on settings 3 or higher. Thanks again for your input!!

how loud is this vibration?
you are pushing solid objects in a tube and you are going to get Moaning and groaning

The motor is NOT a solid mount other than to the shaft of the auger. The motor stop had a rubber on it to take away any vibration.
You can add more like a rubber hose.

Status
Not open for further replies.