Enviro meridian damper control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Harman p-68a

Sep 22, 2012
Mannsville, ny
I am curious I have a 3 year old Enviro meridian and was curious if any one else who has a enviro has had the air damper control slide set up or get hard to slide. I cleaned the stove end of season in June this year and when I went to start it up this year it was sticking but it seemed to loosen up after I burned but went to adjust it a tad today and it is setup again. I was just curious someone must have or has had this happen and what did you do to rectify it. Thank you

When you clean your stove in the spring remove the combustion fan /motor assy and clean the slide plate
make sure you get all the ash from the grove the plate slides in. In the fall on your first hot fire move the slide
back and forth a few times to make sure that any surface rust is removed and you should be good for the heating season

Reactions: Harman p-68a
When you clean your stove in the spring remove the combustion fan /motor assy and clean the slide plate
make sure you get all the ash from the grove the plate slides in. In the fall on your first hot fire move the slide
back and forth a few times to make sure that any surface rust is removed and you should be good for the heating season
Thank you , I will pull motor off and see if I can get at it to clean it, I vacuumed out the chamber end of season in June, I have a smaller hose I put on the shop vac so I can get in there and try to get all corners and nooks and crannies. I figured I am not the only person to have this issue, I see the damper is a replacement part so I figured it must come completely out ,I dont relish that disassembly but I guess if it is buggered up The wire wheel on the grinder would clean it up . Thank you again.

Only takes the removal of one nut to pull the slider out of the stove
It is the lock nut to hold the slider in place

Reactions: Harman p-68a
Only takes the removal of one nut to pull the slider out of the stove
It is the lock nut to hold the slider in.

Perfect, I am off work next week so I will get at it. Thank you