Enviro Meridian Heat Output

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

13island

Oct 1, 2017
Eastern Ontario
Good morning

I’m running a 2014 enviro meridian. This is my main heater for a 2400 sq.ft farmhouse. I’m running cubex pellets. Which have been running super clean for the past two years.

I’ve noticed that the the fan does not seem to be going up with the feed rate. So I’m not getting the heat output I’m used to.

I tore the stove down yesterday and gave it a deep clean. I saw no loose connections on the circuit board. All post screws are tight and it seems like the push buttons are engaging.

The feed rate definitely seems to be working based on how long it takes to use up a bag of pellets.

Could my circuit board be failing? Any ideas?

Thanks

Did you take the convection fan out and clean it?

To test the blower (after you clean it well) is to put direct power to the blower, ideally with a variable rheostat to see if unit responds to varying voltage. One of my best test jigs I ever made up. Or you could monitor voltage going to fan from control board to see if its ramping voltage up with heat level changes... be careful of ac voltage tho, it bites like hell...

To test the blower (after you clean it well) is to put direct power to the blower, ideally with a variable rheostat to see if unit responds to varying voltage. One of my best test jigs I ever made up. Or you could monitor voltage going to fan from control board to see if its ramping voltage up with heat level changes... be careful of ac voltage tho, it bites like hell...
Well I don’t use a thermostat. But I guess I could take the panel cover off and test voltage as I hit the up switch.

I did not take it out. Just vacuumed it from the accessible side I can try this.
If you have pets or if it has never been cleaned (cage) you will have reduced airflow
across the heat exchanger. Which in my small mind would replicate a slower rpm on the fan
equals less heat
Just curious where about in Eastern Ontario are you?