Enviro Milan - Does this part belong on the stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

md2002

Feeling the Heat
Oct 18, 2011
United States
Hello,
While troubleshooting my Enviro Milan I notice at the bottom of the auger there'e 2 tubes attached to the auger. They've always been there but I never noticed them. Does anyone know if these belong there or is it something that's there just for packing the stove? I'm wondering if these are supposed to be removed when unpacking and installing the stove? You can see in the pic there's a clear tube, there' one on the other side as well. I'm guessing they're either suppose to be removed or they're some kind of bumpers for when the auger moves.

Attachments

• tubes.jpg
    tubes.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 134
They are the auger motor bumpers DO NOT REMOVE
They stop noise from the auger motor when it turns
and also stops metal to metal contact of motor
and stops . If they are missing may wear a hole in the motor

Yep, just there to absorb and not make noise if auger motors shifts around a bit, trying to break a pellet...