Enviro mini issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

onokai

Dec 21, 2021
Norther Cal
We have had this pellet stove 11 years now.Its a enviro mini A .
It started last month to turn off the exhaust blower after it got hot. Since then I replaced that blower as well as the convection trangential blower - and both sensors (exhaust and hi limit )as well as the vacuum switch.
The 3rd light is flashing and the pellets stop as auger turns off as well as the convection inside blower for room heat distribution
I ordered a new curcuit boad last week and this did not fix it.
I super cleaned unit as well.
Not much left to do-it turns on starts up and when hot the convection (tube heater blower) shuts off and so does auger
any more ideas?

Last edited:
Can you restart it and it keeps running?
does this happen about fifteen min. after starting the stove
If so
Clean or replace the proof of fire switch
from the manual
2. The stove will not operate when hot. Check the Heat Level Indicator if a fire is not detected, or if the fire has gone out the #3 light will flash because the Exhaust Temperature Sensor’s contacts have opened. Check the hopper for fuel. Incorrect air damper setting. - Excessive air may consume the fire too quickly before the next drop of fuel, leaving completely unburned fuel in the burn pot liner. - Insufficient air will cause build up, further restricting the air flow through the Burn Pot Liner. This in turn will cause the fuel to burn cold and very slowly. Fuel may build up and smother the fire. In this case clean the burn pot. (NOTE: unit may require a change to the vent system or installation of fresh air to correct Air to Fuel ratio problems). Combustion Blower failure. - The Combustion Blower is not turning fast enough to generate the proper vacuum in the fire box. Visual Check – is the blower motor turning. Check the Exhaust Blower voltage across the blower wires (>=114V on #5 setting and >= 82V on #1 setting). – Replace the Circuit Board if the Voltage reading is less than 82 V. with a line voltage >114 V AC. Check Vacuum levels in the exhaust channel by bypassing the Vacuum Switch, then remove the Vacuum hose from Vacuum Switch. Check exhaust vacuum readings by placing the open end of the Vacuum Hose on a Magnahelic Gauge (readings must be above .10” W.C. on low fire). If the motor fails to reach a 0.10” W.C. readings, then replace the Combustion Blower

Why didn't you just jump the 2 wires together
and see if the stove works as it should

I did do that and the stove did not work it lites fine then (new exhaust blower slows down to super low speed )and flame is not getting any air so its lazy so I have to shut it down
something else is at play here??
suggestions

Could this be your problem?
From the manual
COMBUSTION BLOWER TRIM BUTTON: Used to change the Combustion Blower trims in 5 volt increments for all feed settings until it reaches line voltage. When this button is pressed, all the light will light up on the Heat Output Indicator except for the one that shows the current setting; the default setting is the number 2 light. To adjust the setting hold the Combustion Blower Trim button down and press the Heat Level up or down buttons to adjust the setting.

Reactions: Mt Bob
I think the above post fixed my issue-I cannot thank you enough. The trim motor needed a bit more juice and its working now-I'll tune the settings up on whole stove now thats it going again.
Thank you for all the help