Enviro no more stoves???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

marty319

Minister of Fire
Nov 17, 2014
Belair mb
Have been on enviros website for a week so so and does not look like they are selling woodstoves or inserts anymore.going to get ahold of local dealer and find out cause if that's the case I'm looking for a new stove as they were hard enough to get parts from before and my stove is getting on.

Well just found out they did not meet Canadian emission standards so they quit manufacturing them.also apparently other manufacturers have pulled certain stoves from their lineups as well.

Well just found out they did not meet Canadian emission standards so they quit manufacturing them.also apparently other manufacturers have pulled certain stoves from their lineups as well.
Yes all Canadian and American stove have to pass the new standards. Even if their emissions were already tested low enough the testing procedures were changed so they need recertified. So just about every stove on the market has been changed. Unless they were originally designed with the new standards in mind

I think this decision was made by Sherwood a year ago. They are still selling pellet and gas stoves, but no woodstoves for now. There still is a placeholder page, so maybe something will show up in the future? Hope so, they made good woodstoves.