Enviro Omega Install Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadeye316

Dec 8, 2007
Amsterdam, ny
I am getting a Enviro Omega installed this wensday. This is my before pick. Question I have is they measured it out and they said putting in the corner is fine. I heard from acouple people that its not good for it to be by the window. Anyone see a problem in this being installed in the corner?

Attachments

• stove1.JPG
    stove1.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 459
  • stove9.JPG
    stove9.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 406
deadeye316 said:
I am getting a Enviro Omega installed this wensday. This is my before pick. Question I have is they measured it out and they said putting in the corner is fine. I heard from acouple people that its not good for it to be by the window. Anyone see a problem in this being installed in the corner?

The corner is fine
If you get rid of the long curtins.
I would not put it there if I was the installer unless you put Sorter blinds in

My Omaga is in the corner.
http://www.hearthtools.com/pellet/enviro/omegared.jpg

Are you exhausting straight out the wall? If so I wouldnt exhaust out the wall where the window is close to the corner. Going out the other you'll have to consider the outlets.

I guess I would put it sort of centered between the corner and the window on the left. Seems with it cornered it might ubstruck the window.

How about where the nice chair is sitting?

Is either wall the front of your house? If so, think about the aesthetics of the pipe on the outside.

That's a pretty cool stove. I look foward to hearing about your experience with it.

I'd center it between the corner and the window on the longer section of wall. At least leave yourself enough room between the corner wall and the side of the stove to get in there for cleaning if possible.

Yes, the vent pipe is UGLY! As much as I hate to put a hole in the roof I'll be running ours up past the eve this summer just to get that ugly hood above the roof line. It looks like some kind of Star Wars creature sticking out of the wall. :eek:hh:

The only problems I've encountered with a corner installation is it makes it more difficult to put the pellets in the hopper and to get to the control panel which is located on the hopper. You might consider putting yours on the wall to the left as others have suggested.

Not going direct vent. If that backed into the house my wife would kill me. We are going up atleast 3-5 feet. The vent is going on the left side of the picture. So if you are facing the house it would be on the right. The only issue i have if i go out then up is the outlets where the pipe would go. Also It does get windy and damage the pipe if more exposed.

Can you post a photo of the Out side corner of the house
Looking at the house

one reason i can see going up and out is the wind maybe. Will it hurt or mark my siding is there anything i should make sure they do and dont do at the time of the install.

If you are worried bout the wind then spend the extra money and have it run all the way up the side of the house.

If you dont have them put a min of 10 feet then a 90 then about 18" out then the horizontal cap

the 10 feet will trap most of the soot

Status
Not open for further replies.