Enviro Venice 1700 discontinued? buying used?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

robj80

Burning Hunk
Oct 5, 2018
South West, CT
I always wanted the Enviro Venice 1700 insert. Turns out they are discontinued, most likely do to EPA emissions. Well one just popped up for sale used. Should I consider grabbing this? Will parts be hard to get on a discontinued model? Is buying used even a good idea? What is a good price for a used venice 1700?

Attachments

• venice1.jpg
    venice1.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 175
  • venice2.jpg
    venice2.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 171
I always wanted the Enviro Venice 1700 insert. Turns out they are discontinued, most likely do to EPA emissions. Well one just popped up for sale used. Should I consider grabbing this? Will parts be hard to get on a discontinued model? Is buying used even a good idea? What is a good price for a used venice 1700?
I'd be careful buying an enviro stove even though there are a quality product.i had an interesting conversation with the head enviro distributor here in canada few years back.they told me that enviro was a terrible company to deal with as far as getting parts.thats what I was told anyways.after they quit making stoves because of epa regulations I sold my kodiak and bought an osburn.

Reactions: robj80
If the price is right and it doesn't show signs of abuse, it's worth considering. These are not complex stoves and unlike the Enviro pellet stoves, normally they don't need a lot of parts.

Nothing jumps out negative from the pictures. The price is great. If the insert is a good fit for your fireplace and home I'd strongly consider it and call.

Thanks. I am going to confirm fitment first then might contact the guy and ask a few questions. It should fit though because I inquired about this same insert last year from a few companies that came out and they didn't mention it not fitting.

Good luck. If serious, call about the age of the unit and why they are selling. At that price, it won't last long.

Best to check on availability of parts before you buy.

well this was sold almost instantly so didn't even get a chance to talk to the guy. Guess someone else thought it was a great deal too LOL. Thanks for the help everyone.

well this was sold almost instantly so didn't even get a chance to talk to the guy. Guess someone else thought it was a great deal too LOL. Thanks for the help everyone.
I was afraid of that. At that price, they were almost giving the stove away. Hope it went to a good home. They are good stoves.