Enviro windsor possible hot ember leak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yeah it can, honestly sick of the stove lol.....

Stuck between ordering a Harman absolute 43 and a quadrafire trekker ( new but a display model)....
I bet Sysko will buy it from you. He likes to refurbish then and resell them.....lol

And another hole lol

Attachments

• 20210130_134013.jpg
    20210130_134013.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 110
looks like the sealant just gave up and fell off. Damn Steevo i would have to clean that thing up and seal it and go another 10 yrs.. you can't beat them old stoves.

Certainly is filthy in the backend. Wonder if he lets his car get that filthy inside?

I am going to reseal it up and see if it works right now.
Not sure if the entire exhaust piece comes out with fan ( thenni can have it welded correctly..... manual doesn't show much on it

Reactions: Ssyko
Can't tell by the picture, if that was originally welded ? Sure seal it up with high temp sealant good and tight see what happens..

So far so good after resealing it. Going to see tomorrow if I can remove the entire exhaust from fire box or if its welded in place.

The stove is the nice white ceramic in color which the wife loves. The only stoves new available in the white i think are the Harman xxv and the quadrafire trekker. I was told by the quadrafure dealer to stay away from the trekker due to being bluetooth controlled only. Hopefully she will like the brown as well....

Reactions: MalcolmH
Glad you got it cleaned up, it is welded in place if I recall correctly.. Not sure whats up with SidecarFlip this year, he's been around a lil to long and might be losing it even more than usual.

So running the stove again today ( still dont trust it 100% when not home or at night when sleeping yet) running good, did some cleaning in the garage and found a role of header exhaust wrap. Wrapped the entire piece with it, put side back on..... seems to be running good.

* I wish there was a way to upgrade the convection blower ( as it is under powered from the factory ). Guess I will hold off as long as I can to buy new.

Reactions: gfreek
I wouldn't wrap even exhaust header material around the manifold personally, a bit hillbilly, I would use HI temp RTV sealant on all corners, motor, snap disc, and cracks like they do from factory, also check the draft slider it also has a few open areas a spark could sneak out and get blown through the convection system. Try the convection fan blower number i mentioned, you shouldn't need a ton of CFM for this its just to push a bit of heat out the exchanger, and your fan should be variable and adjustable.

I wouldn't wrap even exhaust header material around the manifold personally, a bit hillbilly, I would use HI temp RTV sealant on all corners, motor, snap disc, and cracks like they do from factory, also check the draft slider it also has a few open areas a spark could sneak out and get blown through the convection system. Try the convection fan blower number i mentioned, you shouldn't need a ton of CFM for this its just to push a bit of heat out the exchanger, and your fan should be variable and adjustable.

i wrapped it in the exhaust wrap as its white in color. just to see if anything sparked againt it. not there permanantly.... i sealed everything up with copper rtv ( 750 degrees )..... ill remove the wrap in a day or 2 to see.

Maybe I am wrong but everything from the firebox intake to the combustion fan is under vacuum
I can not see a spark escaping out of the stove before the combustion fan. I do agree that any cracks or small holes need to be sealed so the stove runs properly but sparks don't see it My nickles worth

sparks were coming out of the exhaust pipe right after the fan. there was a 2 holes as seen in the pics. I actually saw it happen.....

but hey by all means..... im open to all ideas on where it could be coming from.