enviro windsor stove issues UPDATED...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

steevo

Oct 17, 2011
central ct
I have an Enviro Windsor pellet stove, got it cleaned and ready and ran it all day sunday with no issues. Today I turn it on and runs great and then shuts off. Go to turn back on, no auger motor turning. So I downloaded the service manual a few years back.

I tripped the reset button for the 200 degrees temp sensor. No biggie, I reset it, the stove starts up like normal but has the fan going high to low every 10 seconds or so ( still warm from before).

The manual says to check for auger movement before resetting???? and then says nothing........ I didn't test the low temp sensor yet ( I will when it trips next ).

Last year I had removed the convection blower fan as it was noisy, had a ton of dust, dog hair ect... in it. cleaned it up and seemed fine.

Is there a way to make sure the convection blower is bad even though seems to work, before having to buy a new 1? Or could it just be that the convection blower just not blowing high enough to keep the 200 degree sensor from tripping?

I was hoping for just an easy sensor, but looks like I may need a new convection blower.......

Pull the convection fan out and hook it directly to power and see how it turns. If it's binding you can probably clean and oil it to get a temporary use out of it.

already did that season. Ordered a new 1 from a local store.

** Running stove today, got home and it was out, light 3 on..... can't win with this darn stove...... what a piece of junk

I have had it for a few years, bought it as a floor model from local stove store.

Mtf6qKf.jpg

I think you're having a problem with the air and feed. Have you taken out the back firebox plate and cleaned it good? Did that model have the air damper on the left side?

yes, air damper on left side, its fully cleaned, the vacuum line was cleaned and behind it was cleaned as well. chimney and liner just cleaned out as well.

been running for an hour or so fine, the convection fan is rattling like crazy every once and a while ( hoping the new 1 will be here tomorrow or Saturday ).

I know the high temp safety works correctly.

-- I have bypassed the 160 degree sensor, not the issue
-- I have bypassed the vacuum switch, not the issue ( when I first got the stove, I had an issue and while bypassing the vacuum switch I got a shock, and found the harness going to the circuit board had a broken/cracked wire that would work fine for a little while. someone at the store used a screw to long. I fixed wire and stove was fine. maybe it messed up the control board at some point).

If I get the #3 light flashing again, I will bypass the exhaust temp sensor/switch as in manual. and go from there.

I like the stove as it heats the house nicely when working correctly. I can always re-install the lennox montage I removed to use this stove and kept in case. Hopefully the new convection fan fixies everything, and the local place has a control board in stock if needed. I got a great deal on the stove as these were pretty pricy in the white color. so a few hundred wont kill me.

thanks for everything so far, I appreciate it.

The high limit tripped because the convection fan wasn't clearing enough heat. But if you had that jumped it had to be another switch. Is your vacuum or low limit switch jumped also? The Enviros are pretty easy to diagnose.

I just jumped the high temp sensor to test it. and it worked fine. The high temp sensor definitely tripped from the stove getting to hot from the convection fan not working 100%. I new the high temp sensor tripped due to the auger not working till I reset the sensor button.

So far the only 1 I haven't bypassed and tested is the exhaust temp sensor. will do that tomorrow. all other sensors check out good. I figured while I was taking the stove apart, I might as well test everything.

Once I get the new convection blower installed ( hopefully this weekend), hopefully everything will be good. If not I will bypass the exhaust temp sensor. other than that, I think just a bad control board will kick the flashing #3

If you suspect the convection fan, you might try placing a fan by the stove and have the fan blow across it in an attempt to increase heat loss. This trick worked for me w/ the steel M55 when using the old style fan w/ stove on higher settings. I don't know how well it would work w/ the ceramic finish stove.

Just finished up installing the new convection fan, what a pain in the &%$......... started it up and running nice and quiet. fan blows a lot faster and zero rattle noise. looking at the old convection fan setup, you can see the right fan is cockide and off center.

**ordered a new circuit board from amazon prime, go figure that the box was all banged up and the circuit board damaged. will send it back to amazon this week and order another one.

So far so good :)

Local store had a circuit board so I popped it in, stove has been running great the rest of sunday and all day today until Now....

Stove just tripped the high limit sensor.

back to the bypassing the 160 degree switch tomorrow and see what happens. new convection fan runs great, new circuit board...... not much else it can be