Enviro Windsor Troubleshooting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bb1100yankees

Sep 20, 2012
I am having some trouble with a new to me Enviro Windsor (now the Empress). Stove starts and runs but system light remains blinking and I cannot manually control the heat settings thus I can't heat my space beyond 60 degrees (600 SF basement). Stove has had a deep cleaning and was in very nice shape and little used when I bought it.

I confirmed the previous owner had the stove connected to a thermostat, so I removed the control board and swapped the jumper on J9 to what should be the On/Off mode of operation. Even doing so, the stove even after 30 minutes has the system light still blinking.

I found it strange that the Enviro manual explains where to place the J9 jumper for thermostat operation (both On/Off and Hi/Lo), but it does not mention anything about where to place the jumper if you want to manually control the heat settings with no thermostat connected...so I removed the jumper entirely and no change...system light still blinks and stove is seemingly running on the lowest heat setting.

Then I'm reading the manual and it shows a photo of the control panel and what all the buttons do...but it does not explain what the bottom button on my control panel does (see attached pic...it is the button under the On/Off button with the vertical line on it).

So I pushed that button while the stove was running (and the system light was blinking)...and after pressing the button the system light was now solid. Left it on for a few hours and returned to find the light blinking again. Pressed this bottom button again and the light went back to solid...then I raised the heat level to 5 which sped up the auger feed rate but if you ask me the fire did not change much and seemed a bit lazy and not hot enough.

So now I'm a bit confused...any suggestions? Should I just run a thermostat to it and place the J9 jumper in the appropriate location? Or do these symptoms suggest some other problem?

Thanks for looking and hoping someone can help out...calls to Enviro corporate are not wielding much help nor is local service.

Control Board.jpg

Is the other jumper installed where the thermostat wires would be?Good manual at teir web site.Remember dhc 2000,that is the control board you have.Look under misc. pellet service manual,covers all the old ones.

Is the other jumper installed where the thermostat wires would be?Good manual at teir web site.Remember dhc 2000,that is the control board you have.Look under misc. pellet service manual,covers all the old ones.

bob bare thank you so much, I had overlooked the jumper at the thermostat wires on the control board. Pleased to say that all is working now and we are nice and toasty...thanks again!

Pics of the install or it never happened;lol Congrats on the stove. Keep her clean and happy. Hope you have surge protection and a CO detector. If you haven't installed an OAK, seriously think of that as it will be competing with your furnace, dryer, etc. for air!

Pics of the install or it never happened;lol Congrats on the stove. Keep her clean and happy. Hope you have surge protection and a CO detector. If you haven't installed an OAK, seriously think of that as it will be competing with your furnace, dryer, etc. for air!

Installed pic attached. I do have the OAK and smoke/CO detector installed...but no surge protection which is easy enough and sounds like it could be cheap insurance.

I think we are going to really like it...nice to be able to be able to press a button and walk away.EnviroInstalled .jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.