EPA indoor furnace options for 2021

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Matt78

Burning Hunk
Jan 28, 2015
New Washington , Ohio
Anyone know what the options will be for 2021 for indoor wood furnaces? Something like the tundra/caddy models. I believe the kuuma & heat commander are the only ones to pass the new EPA rules. Surely there will be more correct? Any news on any of this would be appreciated! Thanks in advance

Reactions: Highbeam
Anyone know what the options will be for 2021 for indoor wood furnaces? Something like the tundra/caddy models. I believe the kuuma & heat commander are the only ones to pass the new EPA rules. Surely there will be more correct? Any news on any of this would be appreciated! Thanks in advance
PSG/Drolet are working on a larger version of the heat commander (heat pro size). Other than that I wouldn't expect to see any next year. Except for maybe something from (dare I say it?) Fire chief perhaps.

PSG/Drolet are working on a larger version of the heat commander (heat pro size). Other than that I wouldn't expect to see any next year. Except for maybe something from (dare I say it?) Fire chief perhaps.

Can you even buy a heat commander right now? Haven't seen any in stock, or are they that new?

Fire chief junk are they? I have no experience

Can you even buy a heat commander right now? Haven't seen any in stock, or are they that new?

They are that new but try -https://myfireplaceproducts.com/us_en/drolet-heat-commander-wood-furnace-df02003

Says they have 66 in stock.

Fire chief junk are they? I have no experience

Junk is an understatement. :confused:

Reactions: Case1030 and Matt78
They are that new but try -https://myfireplaceproducts.com/us_en/drolet-heat-commander-wood-furnace-df02003
And on sale now too!

I think it's pretty shameful to post comments like that on the internet. Imagine a person saying that kind of stuff to your daughter, sister, or wife. Sarah is a nice, professional lady and I did buy my wood cookstove from her business. She was very good about getting back to me in emails and answering any questions when I called the store.

Also, if men makes those kinds of comments on videos the women won't wear nice clothes on video, or make any at all.

Sorry about the rant, if you have the budget go for the VF and if not get the Heat Commander.

I think it's pretty shameful to post comments like that on the internet. Imagine a person saying that kind of stuff to your daughter, sister, or wife. Sarah is a nice lady and I did buy my wood cookstove from her business. She was very good about getting back to me in emails and answering any questions when I called the store.

Sorry if you are offended. I would not be at all! Not even a little! Sheesh

It should be a crime to market FC. Literally a fire waiting to happen in a family's house.

Reactions: brenndatomu
Sorry if you are offended. I would not be at all! Not even a little! Sheesh
If you want to share offensive content, expect to find offended people.

No worries here. I was mainly trying to keep the post on topic.

Reactions: Matt78