EPA - New Rules, Many Stoves will become obsolete

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My proposal to reduce emissions: Provide a $200 incentive toward installing a wood shed. Dry wood will clean up emissions for all woodstoves, including older units.

Why should someone have the authority to take my money and give it to someone else to build a woodshed?

Right, people in West VA right now are so grateful they voted to keep govt. regulations out of way. Same thing for the folks in West TX keeping OSHA and the feds away. Nobody wants them until someone gets hurt.

Incidents like these should point out that people should be more aware and involved of what is going on around them. If they were, chances are that they would police themselves and holding people accountable for the actions/inactions, rather than wasting their money, time, energy, etc. on inefficient government involvement.

If the general populous is so worried about the pollution of wood and pellet stoves, where is the uprising to show for it? Where are the masses demanding the improvements?

I looked real hard trying to find the word pellet. Didn't find it.

Reactions: Harman Lover 007
Status
Not open for further replies.