EPA shed modifications

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
That's my plan, my shed is 10 feet long and the roof panels are 12 feet so there is a 1 foot overhang back and front, my shed is going to look just like the one in the picture, I have the materials but haven't had the time to get the damn thing constructed. I have a friend that might help me so hopefully this year Ill get the damn thing up.

That's my plan, my shed is 10 feet long and the roof panels are 12 feet so there is a 1 foot overhang back and front, my shed is going to look just like the one in the picture, I have the materials but haven't had the time to get the damn thing constructed. I have a friend that might help me so hopefully this year Ill get the damn thing up.
I'll just do the modified 8ft EPA as a way to learn/practice some basic carpentry skills. (My grade school daughter is enthusiastic to learn too.) I'd do larger, but then I'm afraid it'd no longer be easily moveable ( a friend said he could drag the empty original plan). Come 2021, I'll do something Iarger with a more permanent location. Sick of tarping....

The only thing better than a one foot overhang is a three foot overhang. Costs very little. We want to keep the rain off the wood.

Yuck. Big time thumbs down for the EPA. Enough government nanny nonsense.
The burnwise program is a fantastic program aimed at educating woodburners on proper fuel useage and burning techniques. It has nothing to do with the regulation side of things. Which btw has improved the stoves available to us greatly.