Estate sale in CT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jfournier

Oct 20, 2009
Windsor CT
Hey CT hearth people, I just found this craigslist listing for an estate sale in South Windsor this saturday (12/12). Looks like they'll have some chainsaws and a wood stove for sale, plus lots of tools...Too bad I'll be in VT on saturday morning...

http://hartford.craigslist.org/gms/1498317262.html

Saturday December 12th

32 Ronda Dr, South Windsor, CT 06074

Estate Sale

9:00am to 2:00pm NO EARLY BIRDS

Household Items, Hand Tools and Power Tools!!!

Household items of all kinds, sofa, washing machine, sewing machine, kitchen items, clothing.

Hand tools, chains & binders, power tools, circular saw, table saw, jointer, radial arm saw, jointer, Kalamazoo metal cutting band saw, wood band saw, chainsaws, house jack, wood stove, foundation supplies, nails, screws, large lot new doors.

Yeah like I said I'd really love to be able to make it; I want a table saw, and wouldn't mind picking through the other tools available, and maybe pick up a second chainsaw for when my WILD THING!!! dies

Never been to an estate sale. Can you get good deals.

I've never read an estate sale ad that did such a good job of listing the tool goodies! Although they only gave the brand name of the metal band saw.

burn it, Getting a good deal at an estate sale completely depends on the sale company. Some charge prices that make you think a brand-new one would be the same price. Some are aware that the more they sell, the more empty the house is (which is the main point of an estate sale) and the prices are good.

To get the good big tools, you may have to go to an estate sale hours early, sign up on a sheet of paper, and wait in your car. In the Chicago area, certain tools like a Delta table saw will go fast--basically, get a good spot in line, ask ahead of time where it is, and jog there when they let you in.

The best deals come in the last few hours of the sale, when prices are officially lowered 50 or 75% or it's easy to ask for a low price. (You can ask for a lower price any time, but early on you're less likely to get it)

When we were younger we'd go to estate sales and leave bids with our phone #...it was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.