Ever build a pizza oven?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rob711

Feeling the Heat
Oct 19, 2017
Long Island, ny
I’m looking into it. It would be off our future paver patio. I have very little masonry experience aside from forming and pouring a slab or two. Anyone do this? Any tips!

forno bravo has a forum on their website. Tons of youtube videos too. I haven't built one but I've been learning quite a bit over that past few years. Buy a kettle pizza for your weber kettle to see how much you will use the pizza oven before you invest the time and money into an oven.

Reactions: johneh
Yeah. I’ve been on that site and lots of videos as well. Thanks! So I’m not really a fan of homemade pizza! I think it would look nice on the patio we’re having installed. Seems fun for entertaining, not really a fan of that either!! Wife and three kids would enjoy it. I’ve read they should really be under a cover/roof. That would kill the look I’m thinking of. I do enjoy burning wood!!