Everything Drolet Tundra - Heatmax...

Getwidit

Aug 28, 2019
Stuyvesant ny
I see what you're saying.. that brings up another point.. right now my oil furnace is running up a 9x13 clay flu.. I was considering running a 6 inch stainless liner for the wood stove and a 5 inch stainless for the furnace.. it's a straight shot for the oil furnace only 4 feet to the chimney.. the manual says not todo this.. I figured if they had indepenant flu what could it harm.. especially since its going to be rare they run simultaneously... any thoughts? I'm going to make a new thread soon. This is my last question here.

brenndatomu

Minister of Fire
Aug 21, 2013
NE Ohio
I figured if they had indepenant flu what could it harm..
Yeah it should be fine if you run 2 liners. Hopefully you can get insulation on the 6"...even 1/4" would be better than nothing...I'd strive for the standard 1/2" insulation though!
I'll keep an eye out for your new thread

brenndatomu

Minister of Fire
Aug 21, 2013
NE Ohio
Thanks for the info, the stove which I used last winter is a old home made woodboiler that looks like it was converted to just a stove, radiant heat only. I just have it a once over last week and found several cracks in the fire box, and it was incredibly inefficient, only a manual dampener that I would have to adjust ever hour or it burned through a load of wood in an hour or so. I do have electric base boards through the main floor but doubt that’s enough to heat my 1800 sft, (that’s including unfinished basement main floor and half second story) plus I’m don’t really want to pay to run the base boards haha. I’ve been in contact with Lamppa about used VF 200’s and haven’t heard anything back. I should add that I had my home spray foamed when I remodeled the entire house so it is well insulated. I’ve also looked at dimensions of units and think the tundra II and VF200 might be the only unit that will fit through my narrow basement steps. Any more thoughts would be great!
@Jpops , send me a private message, or I can send you one, just let me know.
I have info on an old Kuuma 1 for sale...might be a good interim solution for this winter...

Last edited: