Everything you know is wrong

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Received this E-mail from a visitor to our website this weekend. Evidently, Bub stumbled across the Firewood FAQ's article in our Sweep's Library, and took exception to the information about green wood. Thought I'd share with the forum.

"You are either ignorant or deceitful. "Green" hardwood burns all night with a clean blue flame. Keep the drafts open and adjust the damper. The steam increases both the efficiency of combustion, through the coal tar reaction; and the conductivity of the effluent. Do your chemistry and physics! Most of what you say about creosote is crap too, but that's your business."
[email protected]

thechimneysweep said:
Received this E-mail from a visitor to our website this weekend. Evidently, Bub stumbled across the Firewood FAQ's article in our Sweep's Library, and took exception to the information about green wood. Thought I'd share with the forum.

"You are either ignorant or deceitful. "Green" hardwood burns all night with a clean blue flame. Keep the drafts open and adjust the damper. The steam increases both the efficiency of combustion, through the coal tar reaction; and the conductivity of the effluent. Do your chemistry and physics! Most of what you say about creosote is crap too, but that's your business."
[email protected]

I honestly believe this is someone going for the knee jerk reaction. The gene pool really can't be that shallow.

you gotta be kiddin me!

Green wood burns better??? good lord.

As a combustion engineer with 10+ years of experience I want to see the thermodynamics and physics calculations he is talking about. I imagine it's on par with 100 MPG carburetors, magnetic fuel line devices, and hydrogen generators for cars. Pure bunk.

Could it be some kind of obtuse joke...bub@bubnet?

Thank god! Now I can go back to starting my fires with pieces of old lawn mower tires and gasoline soaked rags!

I think maybe Bub finished learning about all he's ever gonna learn in his fourth year of second grade. Rick

Anyone able to verify an email address? Probably a waste of time, BB has learned to cover his tracks well over the years.

Rockey said:
Anyone able to verify an email address? Probably a waste of time, BB has learned to cover his tracks well over the years.

LMFAO!!!!

No use, bubba probably road the short bus to school and it picks him up at 7:30 sharp to this day! If you don't believe it just ask his uncle-daddy or his momma-cousin! ;-P

TMonter said:
As a combustion engineer with 10+ years of experience I want to see the thermodynamics and physics calculations he is talking about. I imagine it's on par with 100 MPG carburetors, magnetic fuel line devices, and hydrogen generators for cars. Pure bunk.
http://www.wmur.com/weather/14834047/media.html?qs=;ref=http://www.wmur.com/weather/15643742/media.html;longname=Maps and Radar#HEARSTWX=http://www.wmur.com/weather/1760759/media.html?qs=;ref=/weather/15643742/media.html;longname=Maps%20and%20Radar

The Man is just trying to keep us addicted to seasoned cordwood maaaaann. It's all a conspiracy designed to line Tom and Lee's pockets!!! Seasoned cordwood! Pah! Gotta fight the man!!

Just checking in from the other side of the Pig Pen and WTF is going on here?

I get schooled each day. Just remember the brush keeps the State Fire Marshal away.

Thanks for the laugh, bub.

Eric

... here is the nslookup result for bubnet.net from server 208.67.222.222, querytype=MX :
DNS server handling your query: 208.67.222.222
DNS server's address: 208.67.222.222#53

** server can't find bubnet.net: NXDOMAIN

thechimneysweep said:
"You are either ignorant or deceitful. ...conductivity of the effluent"
[email protected]

he can't be that stupid if he is sitting at a computer writing that crap, ignorant as hell maybe . . I think he is trying to get a rise out of ya

btw, thanks for putting all that content on your website, good stuff

This thread actually brought tears to my eyes.....

Burning Green Wood is stickin it to the man!

If the 'man' constitutes the guy's neighborhood....

LOL!

He must live in quite an 'effluent' neighborhood!

thechimneysweep said:

[email protected]

Well, that pretty much settles it for me.

I've got some green hardwood that burns with a clean blue flame. It's been seasoned for about... I'd say, not sure really... I think about 2 million years. That must be what he's talking about. Think there's some dinosaur turd mixed with it too...

Well I guess I can just go outside and bring in some of that wood that just fell over this past weekend.

If you can find some laying in a puddle, it should really burn for a long time with a nice blue flame.

Bub wrote:

>You are either ignorant or deceitful.

--

So which is it? Own up.

Peter B.

-----

wow , and here all this time i thought i was smart, guess he showed me, maybe ill go pee in the hopper of my pellet stove and reap the benefits of wet wood. what a MORON!

the old "wives tale" was that loading green wood at dark would keep a fire longer in the old smoke dragons , not because it burned hotter longer as the urban legend led to believe , the green wood would not char at a normal pace but once the fire under it dried it sufficiently , the wood would char and burn , however he energy used to evaporate the moisture from the green wood had to come from the hot fire from the coaling wood below, this heat is wasted on the drying of the green wood so only a fraction of its energy would be released through radience to the structure. but this practice would lengthen the time a fire would last so folks not knowing better believed that the green wood practice produced more heat. it didnt.

The guys right about what he's saying but there's a better way.

If you put a really fast growing wood in the stove and work some miracle grow in the ashes. Then all you have to do to keep the fire going is add water every few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.