Excel Pellet vent pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJitters

Jun 10, 2008
Vermont
After much research, it is my understanding this is the best pellet vent pipe going. Problem is, a google for internet sellers comes up empty. Is there a member here that sells this brand? I am going to check some local dealers tomorrow but they are notorious for being high priced. Any help from you guys would be appreciated.

I tried to post a link to kijiji.com which currently lists a guy with a bunch of pl pipe for 150 bucks but this site wouldn't allow it.We can buy it locally here and it is terrific pipe! There must be a supplier near you,or a good opportunity for someone to sell the stuff-a no-brainer,plus I didn't find the price all that much more.

Thanx guys!! I finially found a local dealer. He is brand new selling Excel and spent quite a bit of time on the phone with me. Do you guys know if the Excel "locks" together similar to the Simpson pipe? In the pictures it appears that it does not, just slides together similar to standard stovepipe. The dealer did not know yet.

I purchased this excel pellet stove pipe from my local dealer and i have to say it is not worth the extra money . the Pipe is more difficult to install and if you ever have to take it apart the rubberrings seals rip . not cool dont get taken buy the simpson save yourself some time and money , you wont regret it

i think from all the post about simpson pellet pipe you would be running into a lot of leak and smoke issue's.
i own excel pellet pipe and have taken it apart after months of hard use,not one problem with seals.

Simpson is junk compared to Icc. We sell both. So much easier to install with.

STOVEGUY11 said:
Simpson is junk compared to Icc. We sell both. So much easier to install with.

Agreed! We useta sell both, but have switched to Excel exclusively...
Simpson PV was leaky & although it screwed together it, was almost impossible to get apart...
On the Excel PV you only need to rtv the stove starter, the rest of contain rtv seals - which I've NEVER seen rip...

Hey, MrJ...

There's an Excel Distributor in Queensbury NY - Not to far from southern VT...Hearthware Group...

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.