Excel pipe leaking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jumpink

Hearth Supporter
Sep 20, 2010
Northern New Jersey
Hi everyone,

Been awhile since my last post. Just did a cleaning on my M55 this past weekend. I took apart my exhaust pipe connections behind the stove. Some pipe connections would not come apart. I was able to separate the pipe about an inch or two but the gasket inside would not let. go. After putting everything back together and using sealant the pipe leaked at multiple connections. The pipe is ICC Excel 4" and has several small connections. Is it time to replace the several small pipes with one longer piece or can I salvage what I have with silicone. Thanks.
Kevin

Check with your local Excel distributor to see if the silicone gaskets can be bought separately for repairs.
Otherwise. RTV should work, since that's what's used on the stove adapter.