Exhaust fan will not turn off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tacohawk

Dec 2, 2022
Canada
Hi everyone,

First time posting here, after many hours of reading threads. I have a quadrature contour FS in my basement which has recently started to run the exhaust fan at all times. Regardless of the operation of the stove, or demand call from the thermostat, the exhaust fan is on.

I have checked all of the thermo switches (all working), check wiring (all good), cleaned the entire unit, tested the vacuum switch (working and not clogged), and replaced the controller. I'm a maintenance electrician, so i know what I'm doing when it comes to checking this stuff out. I just can't seem to figure this out! Any suggestions?

The unit works completely fine otherwise.

I think you'll get more response if this is moved to the pellet stove forum. @begreen?