Ez boiler company in Michigan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kubic40

Jan 20, 2019
Ohio
Anyone have any feedback on these boilers? They seems like a very simple design that works off a dampener and no blower. However I can't find any real reviews or testimonies on them in the ole Google.

I know the classic design not a gasser. I've been second guessing paying $11,500 for a unit as I'm not rich by any means and tired of the $3k yearly propane bill.

My wood supply is pretty much endless as the tree companies local to me basically beg you to take the wood from them.

I know you burn a hole lot more with a classic stove vs the gasser but is it really that significantly less that it outweighs the extra $6k for a gasser and dozen more parts to break or malfunction.

Maybe I'm just over thinking but man I can't get it out of my head.

E Z boiler used to be Ridgewood. You should be able to find reviews and info looking that up.

Those look to be about as conventional as it gets. Cold fire in a tub of water with a fan in the door. If you want a conventional , as I did for several reasons, I’ll vouch for Heatmaster C series. They have an extra heat exchanger and an ash pan with shaker grates. The air comes in under the fire through the grates and creates a very hot and clean burn - about as close to gasification as a conventional will get. I’ve been very happy with mine and can still throw in splitter trash and oddball pieces, dry or not, although I split and stack all my firewood to dry. I wanted a conventional so I could burn up all the junk stuff and keep my processing area clean. I rake and shovel all my bark and little chunks right into the Heatmaster and it happily eats it up and leaves the ashes in the ash pan where I can simply slide it out and dump it.

And I can also burn coal, corn cobs, hay, walnuts, basically any biomass that will sit on the grates. Only thing I’ve found that isn’t worth it is sawdust and planer shavings from my shop, too much smoke and sparks while loading.

Those look to be about as conventional as it gets. Cold fire in a tub of water with a fan in the door. If you want a conventional , as I did for several reasons, I’ll vouch for Heatmaster C series. They have an extra heat exchanger and an ash pan with shaker grates. The air comes in under the fire through the grates and creates a very hot and clean burn - about as close to gasification as a conventional will get. I’ve been very happy with mine and can still throw in splitter trash and oddball pieces, dry or not, although I split and stack all my firewood to dry. I wanted a conventional so I could burn up all the junk stuff and keep my processing area clean. I rake and shovel all my bark and little chunks right into the Heatmaster and it happily eats it up and leaves the ashes in the ash pan where I can simply slide it out and dump it.

This situation exactly why I'm leaning towards a conventional, even though all my wood is free, I'd say about 40% is knobby, or wood grain is terrible to split and I end up just having a fire out back within all, I just filled a 20ft trailer with "junk" I couldn't split and it was eye opener. I have notice the MF SERIES and GS SERIES is pretty much the same cost when it comes down to equal heating abilities.

Note that the mfg. are getting around the new regs by listing the simplistic units as coal only. Make sure your local laws allow for ,not like mine where they banned owb units ( city slickers on rural boards- what a pia).

Note that the mfg. are getting around the new regs by listing the simplistic units as coal only. Make sure your local laws allow for ,not like mine where they banned owb units ( city slickers on rural boards- what a pia).

The world's going soft sadly, everyone wants that fake back yard living but doesn't want to deal with the results that come with it. My neighbor has a old old burner that smokes like a 1920s train. Kinda jealous he got away from propane first lol

The world's going soft sadly, everyone wants that fake back yard living but doesn't want to deal with the results that come with it. My neighbor has a old old burner that smokes like a 1920s train. Kinda jealous he got away from propane first lol

if you like smoke that much you can always pipe your OWB exhaust into your house. This way you can enjoy it w/o it affecting everyone else.

if you like smoke that much you can always pipe your OWB exhaust into your house. This way you can enjoy it w/o it affecting everyone else.

No thanks that's why I enjoy living where neighbors arnt a factor...you city weirdos can stick to your selves

I'm not a city weirdo and I definitely don't like breathing smoke. In fact, as a country person you should demand cleaner air. After all, isn't that part of why the city sucks so much, the air is dirty and stinky. I love living in the country because the air is clean and unspoiled. I was like you and sought out antique wood stoves, but then realized how much smoke that I would have to breathe as a result. Needless to say I have one of those "city slicker" EPA approved wood stoves.

If you don't want it pumped into your house, then you must understand how ridiculous you sound.

Yeah I don't get it...its exactly this attitude, the "I wanna burn huge unseasoned (read: wet) chunks of trees...or whatever I please...because I live in the country by myself" that has gotten OWB's banned by many municipalities...and some rural areas too!
I don't like the EPA micro-managing everything these days one bit (it directly affects my job too) but I say hooray for them clamping down on the OWB's...now they need to do away with the "coal burner" loophole!
Its too bad its come to this though...now that the EPA has sunk their teeth into this they wont stop with good enough, they'll just keep clamping down until nobody can meet the standard...look at the wood furnace situation now...only one manufacturer that currently meets the standard. (well, two...but the second one kinda cheated IMO, and is certainly not the kind of wood heater that anybody wants to actually live with day to day!)

Ezboilers is still going strong and EPA and state officials seem to be happy to look the other way, even though its been illegal to sell and install their boilers since 2015. Yes, I'm a "city slicker" but also a consumer advocate and I suspect their boilers may be in the 40 - 50% efficiency range. If the company at least told folks on their website that they were unregulated and that they should not be installed within a few hundred feet of another house, I would feel a bit better. I have no respect for companies that exist only because they don't disclose vital details about their products. Hearth.com has a button to "report" but not sure what their guidelines are.

Reactions: brenndatomu
From testing I've seen maybe more like 30%. :)
There always seems to be a few like that out there. But they keep slowly fading away.