Fabric Pellet Bin Failure

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Galroc

Jan 7, 2008
Hubbardston
Well...I posted the other day about how mice took down my pellet boiler and then this happened. Picture below.

Pellet bin failed during bulk delivery this morning. This particular pellet bin has a fabric upper. When it was installed, I was told it was fine, and didn't need an internal backstop. It didn't come delivered with one. I was also told that there would be minimal dust during delivery and it would reduce over time as the holes in the fabric plugged up. Nope. Nada. There is a dust storm in my basement every time pellets are delivered. 🌪️

Originally, the plan called for a wood bin. But, it required digging up the basement floor to put in footers, which I was not OK with.

Also, the size of the wood pellet bin was limited to 5 tons due from the rules of the granting program. 5 tons is not enough to make it through a single winter.

I guess I will be building a new pellet bin this come Spring...

My advice...don't ever use a fabric pellet bin....:mad:

1637772423933.png