Fair Price for Jotul Series 8 Wood Stove (1991)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

drewm1192

Aug 11, 2022
Cape Cod
I have a Jotul Series 8 that says it was tested in 1991 (see example here under Series 8 - https://www.jotul.com/sites/usa/files/2019-07/Old Jotul Prodcuts.pdf). Screenshot attached.

I am currently trying to sell it but I'm not sure how much this should go for. What is fair?

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 7.14.19 PM.png

The blue-black enamel is popular. If you can wait a month, and the stove is in good condition, inside and out, it should sell in the $6-800 range. If in excellent condition with no chips in the enamel it could go for as high as $1000 during peak silly season.

Thanks for the info! This is a world I know nothing about. I am happy now that I didn't listen to the chimney guys who were at my house saying they would "take it off my hands for me if I wanted".

This is a Jotul Series 8AP, I would respectfully say BG is on the high end of what you could get for this stove.

Its a cat stove, so we would need to know a lot more about it. Odds are the cat is prolly shot at the very least which will set you back 275ish for just that.

And the internal burn plates for this stove will add up very quickly as well.

If the interior is in perfect shape, Id say your looking at around $500.

If the insides are toast, then its basically a parts stove for someone to rebuild.

There are around 3 of these listed on facebook in pennsylvania area for 800-1000 right now. Whether anyone is buying at that price I couldn't tell you.

There are around 3 of these listed on facebook in pennsylvania area for 800-1000 right now. Whether anyone is buying at that price I couldn't tell you.
If in decent condition, and not sold soon, they will get that price in a few weeks when the silly season ramps up. Given how much new stoves are now going for, it's anyone's guess how high the market for good, used stoves will go as cold weather sets in.