Fan solutions?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrowningBAR

Minister of Fire
Jul 22, 2008
San Tan Valley, AZ
I just put an Intrepid int a small fireplace. Seems like a good amount of heat is staying inside the fireplace (pic attached). What fans are out there that can sit behind the stove to push the heat out? Do I need to worry about the heat effecting the electrical cord?

I know if I put a fan facing the stove I will get some good results, but I am hoping to have it out of the way.

Attachments

• intrepidII.jpg
    intrepidII.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 218
you won't need much of a fan. small blow towards the stove. but it will throw the thermometer off
with the air moving around it.

I just posted on the other thread, but now I see your setup - that stove is back in there. Still think blowing in is the best bet.

fbelec said:
you won't need much of a fan. small blow towards the stove. but it will throw the thermometer off
with the air moving around it.

Figured as much. I was hoping to stick one behind the stove to keep the look clean, but if it isn't possible, than a cheap ten dollar WalMart fan it is.

branchburner said:
I just posted on the other thread, but now I see your setup - that stove is back in there. Still think blowing in is the best bet.

It is inside the fireplace but it is as far forward as it can be without falling out.

The fan that is blowing air into the stove room doesn't necessarily have to be a clumsy box fan.
The goal is to pressurize the room, preferably from the bottom, which will displace the higher warmer air thus pushing it out of the room.
Not sure if this works in your case because your thinking the air is trapped in the firebox cavity.

Get three 4 inch inline duct fans and put them behind 4x10 boots under the stove. You can put painted grills in the boot and matching slate tiles on top to disguise them. Wire them to a speed control and you can adjust them for a tolerable level of noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.