Fan Speed Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

StockHR

Jul 12, 2019
Vermont
On the back of my Quad the convection switch is the rocker type with low, med, high positions. My question is, does this switch only control the heat output or do you burn more pellets if you put it in a higher fan position? Thanks.

if your stove is a cb1200 yes it only controls the convection blower speed

I see your moniker says you have a Santa Fe. It runs all three motors at same time. The auger motor, the conv. fan motor, and the exhaust motor. So the higher you run it, the more fuel you use, and the faster the fans run. kap

Kap, thanks for the info. I did notice that when I had it on medium it seemed to use more pellets. Guess that answers that.

It might use more pellets while it’s running but it should get up to temp faster and shut down sooner.