Fan (tower / traditional) recommendations sought

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waukesha

Oct 14, 2007
I live in a split level townhouse in Wisconsin, with a pellet stove in the ground floor. I am looking for recommendations on the type of fan to use in order to project the warm air to the second floor. I was thinking of a tower fan on the mid-level landing, but am not sure what type / wattage or if a small fan would do the trick. Any suggestions?

Waukesha said:
I live in a split level townhouse in Wisconsin, with a pellet stove in the ground floor. I am looking for recommendations on the type of fan to use in order to project the warm air to the second floor. I was thinking of a tower fan on the mid-level landing, but am not sure what type / wattage or if a small fan would do the trick. Any suggestions?

The warm air should rise just naturally. I'm getting 74 degrees in my stove room and 72 in my upstairs bedroom which is perfect! I don't have an open design but you can feel the warm air coming up the stairway.

Getting warm air to the opposite side of the first floor ... now that's the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.