Faux Stone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Wolf

Minister of Fire
Jun 13, 2008
Eastern CT
Does anyone have experience with the “Faux Stone”?
I want to redo my front steps. They are currently one monster chunk of concrete that was cast when we built the house.
I was going to add new staair “treads” of stone and cover the sides and risers with Faux Stone. Most of them seem to be panels which means I’d have to cut into the middle of some of the stones to fit around the steps. Does anyone make individual “stones”?
I realize that would take more work but might look more realistic.

Any feedback on sources and methods would be appreciated.

Thanks

There's more than a few manufacturers of what you're looking for, and they do make individual stones. Try your local masonry supply, or building supply to see what's available. It's such a popular product these days that I can't imagine you'd have any difficulty locating a local source.

Status
Not open for further replies.