Finally decided!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backroads

Feeling the Heat
Jun 19, 2008
Small Town, RI
I went down today with the wife and looked at the stoves again. They each went up $30 since 3 weeks ago, but I pulled the trigger on the Oslo. She quized the crap out of the salesman on it and felt safest with it. So 1800 clams later and it's a done deal. Now I can't wait till Wednesday to go back and pick it up(she sure couldn't help me move it). It was too much for delivery so I'm going to get and install it myself. It should be cake, just replace my old bucket(VC Defiant) with the Oslo and change the pipe from 8 to 6 and It's all good. Makes me feel better knowing I got one, especially since I got 2 cord seasoned split and stacked this weekend with the maul. Let me tell you it was HOT! and hopefully it will be HOT again this winter!

Great choice and good price! I think you're going to love the new stove and fire view. This is the painted model, right? If yes, break it in per instructions in the early fall so that you can have the windows open. It'll smoke for the first few burns as the paint and oils get baked in.

Nice choice. I think you got a good deal as well. Good luck with the burnin'

Thanks guys. I hope everyone is right. I'm going to take pictures of what the Defiant looks like now and post em later when I remove it. I'm sure you will all agree, it's past it's time. I already plan to burn it outside this weeked, small fire to start. Probably cycle two or three fires through it before I put in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.