Finally installed fresh air kit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I have had this envirofire EF 3 stove since 1996 it’s been installed in 2 different homes and I finally installed the fak kit ..now we will see how the stove performs.not that it has performed badly,the only thing that drives me crazy is the dirty glass she will stay clean for maybe 4 hrs tops..I even placed a piece of channel iron between the door and the burn pot to try and deflect it away from the door,it made a little bit of difference..last year I picked up a old p38+ for 100 bucks and resurrected her,had two broken stabs on the control board I was impressed by how well built this p38 is..now this is a bottom of the line manual start Harmon stove ..I have burned maybe 8 bags thru it (it’s in my garage) the glass is still just as clean as the first bag I put thru it,go figure. I will post updates on how the ef3 performs..My next project it upgrading the control board on the P38 it’s time for the 2 control knobs to go. The stove is a little stubborn to get started but once she’s up and going it puts out some good heat
If you are going thru the expense and labor to upgrade your control, You migtht as well add a burnpot, igniter and wiring harness and convert it to a P43. That is what I did when my board started going out on the 38. You already have to cut the side out bigger and replace the wiring harness. Basically you will need a burnpot, cradle, igniter and flame guide. The kit is $380.00.

If you are going thru the expense and labor to upgrade your control, You migtht as well add a burnpot, igniter and wiring harness and convert it to a P43. That is what I did when my board started going out on the 38. You already have to cut the side out bigger and replace the wiring harness. Basically you will need a burnpot, cradle, igniter and flame guide. The kit is $380.00.
Yeah I was thinking about it. But this stove is out in my garage

Chump change compared to the initial stove cost. Use your stimulus money and be happy