Finally milled some logs.........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's alot of wood for a few craft projects Scotty. You might have to build her a shed from this stuff so she has a place to work on them
I have a barn out back (full of MY stuff), and a garage (full of OUR stuff), looks like she'll have to set up shop in the basement eventually, because the only other shed I plan on building down the road is a wood shed!:p

weatherguy, did you ever see Norm when you worked there.:cool:
He made several excursions there for his show.
Wish I could make some of those projects in half an hour like he does/did.;)
Norm Abrams? Never met him, I guess I was never working when he came by,

Uh, YEAH. Norm.
Jeez, everybody knows Norm.==c

If you are from the Boston area, there are at least two Norms...

1845_150489664_c_norm_04.jpg

Sorry to participate in the hijack.

Jon, that Norm has probably never been to Sturbridge Village though, .....unless there's beer.;lol
Back to our log milling discussion.
Sorry for the hijack.
Scott, the pole barn is MY space too. Nothing goes in there unless I've said it's gooder to go. It's working,........so far.:mad:

Our garage is set up as construction storage til the living room project is done, so I dug a spot out and stacked the poplar and oak this afternoon. Had to make a chitload of stickers, that was the hardest part of all. There is a hell of a stack of nice wood there, white oak and poplar!

2012-08-19_19-08-18_158.jpg

When I used to work at Old Sturbridge Village I always stopped at the wood shop for awhile, those guys were always making hand hewn beams and other boards for building. Talk about hard work and taking a while to make the lumber for a house, its no wonder most homes were built small back in those days.

That and smaller homes were probably easier to heat . . . fewer fireplaces at least.

On a related note . . . I have always enjoyed Sturbridge -- a very good place to visit every few years.

Great post. I really enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.