Finally , The stacks are complete

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stacks look great - Good luck with your new insert!

Reactions: etiger2007
Some excellent work there tiger. However, why are you done until next year? Especially seeing you have oak in those stacks and oak needs a lot more time to dry than the other wood. Get yourself 2-3 years ahead and stay that far ahead and you'll never be sorry you did. Your stove will love it too.

Backwoods I have thought about your post and I should just keep going. I burned 4-6 cords with the old stove burning at night when I got home from work and 24/7 on weekends. With the new stove Im sure Ill get up a little early for work and fill the stove for the day and re fill when I get home thus using more wood.

Really nice job etiger. I do admire you guys who take the time to make the stacks look so good. I hadn't even thought of stacking as an art until I started seeing pics of some of the stacks on here. Still not sure that I'll ever get to that point, but I do admire them. Thanks for sharing and enjoy them!

Really nice job etiger. I do admire you guys who take the time to make the stacks look so good. I hadn't even thought of stacking as an art until I started seeing pics of some of the stacks on here. Still not sure that I'll ever get to that point, but I do admire them. Thanks for sharing and enjoy them!

Thank-You.

Backwoods I have thought about your post and I should just keep going. I burned 4-6 cords with the old stove burning at night when I got home from work and 24/7 on weekends. With the new stove Im sure Ill get up a little early for work and fill the stove for the day and re fill when I get home thus using more wood.

Tiger, you might also find you won't burn any more wood by burning 24/7. You have good wood now so no reason to not aim for that. We've burned 24/7 now for well over 30 years now and have not bought any oil or gas for a furnace. In fact, we sold our furnace and wood is our only sources of heat. We also burn only around 3 cord of wood per winter.

Reactions: etiger2007
Status
Not open for further replies.