Finding Replacement gaskets for stove doors.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffjoy

Dec 9, 2008
Maine
I am looking for replacement rope gaskets for my two coal stoves. The Rutland brand of hollow core braided gaskets are the only type available in my area. Unfortunately, they don't provide an adequate seal for my Crane stoves. I am looking for a 1/2" braided rope gasket with a stranded filament core. Although this gasket looks the same as the Rutland on the outside, the fiberglass core makes it much denser. I have found information on boiler gaskets that fit the description of what I am looking for, but can't find a source to buy from. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jeff

Don't know much about coal sorry. But, have you tried local coal furnace/ stove dealers. They should have it, or be able to order what you need.

Hogwildz,

I have checked stove shops, hardware stores, etc. No luck yet. Got to keep looking since it is getting pretty cold up here.

Thanks.

Jeff

Yeah - I thought those high density gaskets were easy to find. maybe not in Home Depot but stove shops and plumbing/boiler supply shops.

Hi,

I called Patriot Supply (Mansfield,MA) but they don't carry the rope gaskets. Thanks for the suggestion. I have been contacting plumbing shops. No luck yet.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.